|Like Us on Facebook!|
We love our volunteers! Thank you for supporting our kids!
|Click here to access our secure Volunteer Sign-Up pages, or visit the event pages listed under the Volunteer menu above. You must be logged in to view these pages. If you don't yet have a login, follow the instructions here to request one.|
The Centaurus Band Program relies very heavily on parent participation. Maintaining a high caliber band program requires a great deal of fundraising and volunteer support from our families. Our band director, his staff, and our talented hard-working kids need the help of every family.
In order to work with the kids, you must be cleared by the BVSD. There are 3 levels of clearance as outlined below. Anyone who will be around the kids during marching season (and that is probably all of us) will need at least a Level 1 clearance.
|We very much need Level 3 volunteers who are cleared to drive the kids in personal vehicles. Please consider becoming a Level 3 volunteer. These volunteers are critical to our fundraising efforts as well as the fantastic extra-curricular opportunities available to the students (no buses provided).|
To work with students in the Marching Warrior Band:
You must complete the BVSD Volunteer Forms each school year. Mid-May is the best time to do this for the following school year.
For the 2018/19 school year, we are asking our volunteers to complete their forms on paper. Please do not use the BVSD on-line option.
If you choose to have fingerprints taken for a one-time background check, that process must be done on-line through BVSD (but still provide your volunteer forms to us on paper).
Which Volunteer Level do you need?
Level 1: Just about everyone will need this level. It covers anyone who will spend any time with the kids under the direct supervision of a BVSD employee. Examples could include serving a meal, visiting with students during a competition, etc. This level does not require a background check.
Level 2: Anyone who will spend time with the kids without the direct supervision of a BVSD employee. Examples could include working in the uniform room, working on props, chaperoning, etc. This level requires a background check.
Level 3: Anyone who will be driving kids. We need lots of folks at this level for our March-a-thon as well as for other trips through the year when there are no buses provided. This level requires a background check and Forms for Transportation in a Private Vehicle.
Steps to Participate (best to do this in May for the following year)
- Complete Volunteer Form (for clearance levels 1, 2, and 3)
- Complete a background check through TCLogiQ or the fingerprint process via BVSD (for clearance levels 2 and 3 only). Best to do this in MAY for the following year. Attach a photocopy of your TCLogiQ clearance or your fingerprint clearance from BVSD (Teachers can give their CDE number and the school where they teach).
- Complete Student Transportation in a Private Vehicle Form (for clearance level 3 only). Attach a photocopy of your Driver’s License, Insurance Card, and Insurance Declaration Page.
- Make photocopies of 1) all completed volunteer forms and 2) your email from TCLogiQ or BVSD stating that your background check has been approved. Keep a copy for your personal files.
- Turn in your forms to our Volunteer Coordinator or Mr. Vogelsberg.
- If you have any questions, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator or Mr. Vogelsberg.
Please note that once you have completed the above steps and are cleared by the district, you may volunteer anywhere in the Boulder Valley School District. If you have kids at other BVSD schools, or you plan to volunteer elsewhere else at Centaurus (field trips, working in the classroom, etc.) you are all set to go!
~ Thank you for volunteering! ~