|Like Us on Facebook!|
Sat, 07/12/2014 - 6:44pm
Centaurus High School Marching Band
Interested in being a
Your five-time State Champion Centaurus High School Marching Band is preparing for its 2018 season, which means it's time for our annual Marchathon. This event is one of our largest fundraisers of the year, and it depends on everyone's participation to make it a success!
Here's how you can help:
1) Marchathon: A day-long effort, mostly by students in uniform, to go door-to-door collecting donations and inviting them to our local performances. But we do need parent drivers!
2) Virtual Marchathon: A 3-week effort to solicit funds from friends, family, coworkers, etc. who live outside of the Lafayette-Erie area.
- Find downloadable forms, sample letters, logos, etc. at the bottom of this page
- Ask your company if they will match your donation to the band
~ Details ~
We need drivers for Aug 25, 2018:
- Please sign up here, or contact Kathleen Marr (Volunteer Coordinator) or Paula Mannell (Fundraising Chairperson) if you can drive.
- If desired, you may receive a $10 credit to your child’s commitment payment for each day that you drive.
- You will need a Level 3 volunteer clearance which includes a background check.
- Please see our Volunteer Page for more details and to download forms. Background check takes some time, so please act quickly!
Marching Day (Aug 25, 2018)
- On Saturday, August 25th, students will be marching throughout Lafayette and Erie (CHS area only) to gratefully accept donations from the community to the band from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm.
- Marching Band instrumentalists will wear their uniforms and the Marching Band guard team will coordiante on a CHS colored T-shirt.
- Students will be driven to CHS neighborhoods by a parent with a Level 3 Volunteer backgroundd check in groups of four. Each pair will "march" down seperate sides of the street - always with a buddy!
- Students will be provided with snacks, water, and lunch at Bob Burger Rec Center, where they may also enjoy the indoor swimming area.
- Each car will earn on average $1,000! It's important that every student attend Marchathon!
- This is a letter-writing (or email or phone call) campaign asking family, friends, and coworkers whose homes we will not march to for their financial support for all CHS band programs (aka - the General Fund).
Sample Letter. This letter has not been updated for the 2018 Virtual Marchathon campaign
- This fundraiser benefits our general fund and all kids in the program
Instructions for Families
- This is one of the few fundraisers that the kids do with little help from their parents! It is their chance to work to support their band
- Our budget this year is $130,000. This fundraiser contributes greatly to our financial needs
- We introduce the Centaurus award-winning band program to our community and give the kids an opportunity to thank them for their support
- We provide our family, friends, and co-workers a way to support the kids
- You can double your donation with matching funds from your company
- Centaurus Band Boosters (dba 759 Club) is a 501c3 organization. Please check with your tax professional to see whether your donation is tax deductible